Holistic Meal Prep Cook with Raiz Holistic Nutrition
Location: Commissary Kitchen in Vancouver or in-home services (Squamish, Whislter, Kelowna)
Hours: Part-time 10-30 hours per week. Ideal dates: Sunday-Wednesday. Flexible depending on availability and client load.
Raiz Holistic Nutrition is hiring! We are a personal cheffing service located in Vancouver and expanding to the Sea to Sy and the Okanagan. We offer highly customized personal chef services that are rooted in holistic health principles. We pride ourselves in creating beautiful, delicious, nourishing food for our clients each week. We cook for a broad range of needs and dietary restrictions. We are looking to add a part-time chef who will be part of a passionate, growing team!
About the work
- Cook for clients on a weekly basis from their own homes.
- Create menus for clients with various preferences and dietary requirements.
- Maintain positive client relationships and communication arounds clients’ weekly menus and tracking feedback.
- Cooking using holistic principles and techniques.
- Total scope of work: menu planning, grocery shopping or ordering, cooking, labelling, clean up and client communication.
You are a stellar candidate if:
- You are a culinary wizard! You went to culinary school or have lots of culinary experience – 1+ year in a restaurant, cafe or other professional culinary position
- Nutrition diploma is an asset, not a requirement.
- You have experience with creating unique, flavourful and beautifully presented foods.
- You have knowledge of allergies, sensitivities and therapeutic diets and know how to cook with substitutions – or a willingness to learn!
- You are organized, have the ability to multitask, and have good time management skills.
- You are adaptable to clients’ needs and preferences.
- You have an awesome personality and have a strong customer service background.
- You have your Food safe certificate (required).
- You can deliciously cook and happily taste meat
- Having a car is pretty essential
- Honing in on your creativity and cooking skills through weekly recipe curation
- Work with an ethical company that places importance on decolonization and inclusive practices
- Flexible hours and schedule
- A combination of autonomous and collaborative work
- Be a part of a passionate, growing team
Compensation: $25-30 dollars per hour.
Start date: January 2021
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for the position, please share your resume with email@example.com and tell us a little bit about yourself and your passion for food and nutrition.
About Raíz Holistic Nutrition
Raíz Holistic Nutrition provides customized meal prepping and meal delivery services to busy families, postpartum moms, couples and individuals, that are designed to satisfy their nutritional needs, to support their healing from a particular condition or just to keep a general healthy diet.
Raíz also provides grazing platters and tables, private cheffing and catering services for events, gatherings and corporate lunch services.
About Monica Nelson
Monica Nelson is a born entrepreneur, she graduated with honours from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition and has been running her own meal prep company, Raiz Holistic Nutrition since March of 2018. She is passionate about helping people achieve a balanced lifestyle by facilitating them with already made meals that support them in their health journey. Her business has spawned from a meal prep business, to grazing tables and catering and is constantly evolving.
Monica is also a Master Reiki practitioner and is working on launching her Reiki practice and will be hosting retreats for integrative body, mind and soul healing with a few partners, combining her love for personal growth, development, spirituality, energy healing and healing through food.