Holistic Meal Prep Cook with Raiz Holistic Nutrition
Location: 1370 E Georgia St, Vancouver, BC.
Hours: 10-30 hours per week. Ideal dates: Sunday-Wednesday. Flexible depending on availability and client load.
Raíz is rapidly growing and hiring 2-3 part-time holistic chefs and/or nutritionists to join the team. If you are inspired by creating healthy food that helps nourish people from the inside out, you are creative, innovative and know how to make healthy taste delicious; you have knowledge of the different therapeutic diets and have excellent communication and customer service skills, this is the job for you.
- Create mindfully prepared food prep for clients on a weekly basis, based on their nutritional needs.
- Curating menus for clients with various preferences, while keeping holistic principles in mind.
- Customer service, maintaining communication with clients in regards to their weekly meal plans, taking and implementing feedback.
- Meal prep involves: Creating your own prep lists, prepping your ingredients, cooking, portioning, making food look and taste great, labeling, clean-up, and doing so in an organized and timely manner.
- Cooking using holistic principles and techniques.
- Managing grocery lists, prep lists and ordering groceries.
Skills and requirements:
- 1+ year in restaurant, cafe or other culinary position, or have taken food prep course at IHN/CSNN.
- Diploma in Holistic Nutrition (IHN, CSNN or other accredited program that includes culinary training)
- Experience with creating unique, flavourful and beautifully presented foods
- Knowledge of allergies, sensitivities and therapeutic diets, and knowing how to cook with substitutions
- Food safe certificate (to be completed by start date)
- Food photography and social media skills an asset, not a requirement
- Getting involved in the meal prep process and furthering experience in recipe development and creation
- Honing in on your creativity and cooking skills through weekly recipe curation
- Working with an ethical company that places importance on decolonization and inclusive practices and places a great importance on zero waste
- Opportunity to foster your entrepreneurial spirit
- Health benefits after 3 months with the company, if you work ~30 hours/week.
- Flexible hours and schedule
- Staff meals
- Team retreats when possible again
Compensation: $20-30 dollars per hour.
Start date: May 3rd or 10th.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for the position, please share your resume with email@example.com and tell us a little bit about yourself and your passion for food and nutrition.
About Raíz Holistic Nutrition
Raíz Holistic Nutrition provides customized meal prepping and meal delivery services to busy families, postpartum moms, couples and individuals, that are designed to satisfy their nutritional needs, to support their healing from a particular condition or just to keep a general healthy diet.
Raíz also provides grazing platters and tables, private cheffing and catering services for events, gatherings and corporate lunch services.
About Monica Nelson
Monica Nelson is a born entrepreneur, she graduated with honours from the Institute of Holistic Nutrition and has been running her own meal prep company, Raiz Holistic Nutrition since March of 2018. She is passionate about helping people achieve a balanced lifestyle by facilitating them with already made meals that support them in their health journey. Her business has spawned from a meal prep business, to grazing tables and catering and is constantly evolving.
Monica is also a Master Reiki practitioner and is working on launching her Reiki practice and will be hosting retreats for integrative body, mind and soul healing with a few partners, combining her love for personal growth, development, spirituality, energy healing and healing through food.